As for device support, from Xiaomi to OnePlus, Nokia, and Nothing, almost all the OEMs are supported. Simply put, Project Elixir is one of the best Android 13 custom ROMs in town right now and you should not miss it. Installing a custom ROM requires you to unlock the bootloader first, and have a custom recovery like TWRP (website) installed. Make sure to always create a backup of your Android device before proceeding. While the download link for officially supported devices is mentioned below, some of these ROMs may have an unofficial port available for other devices as well. Once your device is rooted, some apps like Titanium Backup can be downloaded. These users perform an official update to a new Android verison but dislike the new verison or try new custom ROMs and want to get back to the old one they used to use.
The Stock Recovery that comes preinstalled on our smartphone has very limited features. Like you can’t root or flash files using the stock recovery. Assuming you’ve copied a ROM (in .zip format) or other flashable zip file into the device’s internal storage you can sue the Select Zip screen to locate and choose it. So that’s how to extract stock boot.img file from stock firmware.
- Rom is more secure if it has been backed up with Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android).
- If you plan to unlock bootloader or want to flash custom ROM, this guide is for you.
- After the scatter file has been loaded, Click on the Readback tab.
As soon as you select the destination, the process will begin. So sit back and give it the required time to backup Android apps on your non-rooted Android phone.
I’ve posted here here earlier about me needing help to restore a system application that I uninstalled using adb. I’ve got two choices left now, which is rooting my phone and hard resetting, and I would rather risk it rooting my phone since I got a ton of important 2fa on it. If you are looking for the best Android 13 custom ROM, go ahead and check out Project Elixir. It’s a beautiful AOSP ROM that is very close to stock Android with Pixel features and customization options. It features WAIFUCLOCK which is based on the Substratum theme and delivers an elegant lock screen experience that you won’t find on any other ROM. The best part is that it also offers all firmware timely updates and bugs are fixed routinely.
- In summary, if you can restore the sector state, then functionality restoration should logically follow.
- There are many different options available, but we recommend using Android Backup Extractor.
- Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for enthusiasts and power users of the Android operating system.
- I have shown you two methods to take a complete backup of android.
Backing up the ROM/Firmware from within the OS make things more efficient and easily accessible. Root solutions are completely fine by the way, just, no “Nandroid” as an answer please.